05 August 2011

Official

I have officially crossed over to the dark side and will teach 6th grade next year.  I'm good with this.  I think I was actually reaching the point where I was hoping it would happen.  I've had the idea of switching grades on my mind since Christmas, but when we all moved over to the new school, my principal put me in fifth where I've always been and that was fine.  The numbers have drastically shifted though and so it was either sixth or fourth and I chose sixth.  (They'll hire a new 4th grade teacher from somewhere.)  I'm excited about doing something different, but I've got two weeks to "cram" my new curriculum.  So of course my first course of action is to get on facebook and announce it to everyone and then talk to my friend on the phone.  Now I'm over here blogging about it and I'll probably send an e-mail to another friend next.  Tomorrow we'll go over and shift books around and Monday I'll dig in to the new stuff. 

No comments: