17 August 2011

The Big Wind

Or perhaps it was the Great Wind?  Or the Big Storm?  Most likely it was the Mighty Gust. 


My husband was awake in the night and heard something hit the house.  I think that sound is what woke me up.  What I heard was metal scraping on concrete.  I told him the grill had blown over.  It's happened before.  However, we went out back and the grill is fine, the yard looks fine, but there's a cat made of either plastic or fiberglass about two feet high.  It's lying on the ground not too far from being under the bedroom window.  We wondered how it got there.  It was too hard to imagine the wind blowing such a thing.  It was also hard to imagine the neighbor kids being out at nearly 4am throwing things like that into the yard.


All questions were answered the next morning when I saw the trampoline that used to be next door in a crumpled heap in the driveway across the street.  I returned their cat and the neighbor said that the cat had been on their patio table, the trampoline (which had a net) must have picked up the cat and flung it over in our yard during its flight across the street.  It broke their glass table top.  I'm glad it didn't hit our window.  

No comments: