15 September 2011

Sixth Grade

So far so good.  Actually, (shh, don't tell anyone) I think I'm kinda starting to like it.  There's a lot more prep involved and not just because I've changed grades.  However, I can get a bit done during the day because once I launch them on a project or assignment they can work on their own for short periods of time.  I can see how some people think that this age ought to be in a middle school instead of the elementary, but from my viewpoint, I can see so many little things that say they're not quite ready.  Certainly by the end of the year most of them will be more than prepared for the shift into jr. high.  For those who argue we're holding back the ones who "are ready" I'd say that we'd be doing far more harm to advance the non-ready kids than we do by keeping back the ones that are ready.

No comments: