02 May 2016

A friend on FB liked something posted by someone else.  Now I know this other woman, even though we aren't FB friends.  I would guess her to be about 52 yrs old.  What she posted was a link to an article about gray hair, how fashionable it is with the young now and how women should feel proud of their gray, etc....   Her comment about it as she shared was "My gift to myself when I turned 50 was that I stopped dyeing my hair."
This gave me food for thought.  I dye my hair.  I have for 20 years now.  As I swam my laps I thought a lot about this.  Am I wrong to color my hair?  Should I just embrace the "natural me"?  However, as I considered what she said about how it was her gift to herself to stop coloring her hair, my one constant thought was "Honey, you should have gifted yourself that years ago."  For me, it's dyeing my hair that is my gift to myself.  I like my hair color.  If there's something you dislike doing so much that it's a gift to yourself to quit, then unless it's a necessity, why are you doing it?

No comments: